10.20.2009

What's New?

Been working my tail off...which doesn't allow much time for blogging or decorating but I have squeeeeeezed in a few projects over the last couple of weeks. I like to play a little game with my husband...it's called "Let's see how long it takes him to notice". I buy or create something new and weeks later he'll comment on it. My 10 year old and I have a conversation something like this: "How long do you think it will take Dad to notice that?" and I say something like, "2.5 weeks" and then the fun begins...


Here's what's new at my house:



5 fabulous rustic pine chairs to go around my black shabby chic table - purchased at a garage sale for $20 each. Added some sparkle to our Great Room with some crystals on the Chandelier. $26.
A $5.00 shelf, painted barn red and shabby-chic-ed to perfection.
Ahhhhh. More surface room for more knick knacks for the Queen.I know, I know, the picture is a little off center but I wanted to put the architectural salvage angel on the shelf and I had to do it this way. Not sure that I love it. But I'm living with it. Do you love my $10 Framed Rooster Oil Painting?
Oh. And I went to a 2 day scrapbooking fundraising retreat. I cranked out 17 pages (12x12) for my kids albums. It was a productive way to remember I must tap into my creative spirit or I will DIE.
I'll try not to stay away so long next time. I've missed you guys!
Happy Junking,

3 comments:

  1. I need you to come teach me how to find these amazing good deals! I'm new at it and just don't know how people like you can score such good finds, lol. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I forgot to tell you! I have my family rules posted now too. :) You have to scroll past the party invite post then you'll see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I lived by you (or you lived by me). I have tried and tried shopping at thrift stores and/or garage sales, but I never find the deals that other's find.

    You've inspired me, though. I'm going to try again.

    ReplyDelete