9.07.2009

Hersheys Did It Again



They have unwrapped the secret to easy baking...

Because I am too lazy to unwrap chocolate Kisses myself.


I refuse to diet on holidays; any day actually, and since today was a national holiday I made Peanut Butter Kiss cookies. It's a little comical that they give you a resealable sticky tab so that you can save the leftover Kisses and keep them fresh. Around our house, there is no need for such a frivolous contraption.

The Kisses are gone.


I'm looking forward to fall and cooler days that will allow me to turn my oven on and bake.


I love this recipe except I like to use chunky peanut butter and I'm too tired and busy to form the dough into perfect little balls
so I get a more rustic looking cookie.



Hershey's Peanut Butter Blossoms


48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening (I use real butter)
3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar

Directions:1.Heat oven to 375°F. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.3. Shape dough into 48 balls (about 1-inch each). Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 to 4 minutes. Press chocolate kiss into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
48 cookies.


(I'll tell you right now this recipe does NOT make 48 cookies)


Happy Labor Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment