9.23.2009

Our New Dining Experience

Ever wonder why you can always find a place to eat at the uncomfortable Bar at your favorite restaurant when the cozy booths and tables are always taken...

Bellying up to the bar is not what I had in mind for gathering my family for dinner; which is where we eat most of our meals together. And, it's too formal and complicated eating dinner at our long table in our formal dining room when it's just us.

I was tired of the disconnected feeling so I changed some things around and made good practical and functional use of a sitting area near our kitchen. Now we have a nook, with a round table we can gather around as a family and eat our meals together.

It just feels better being able to look straight across the table and hear about my son's day rather than try to lean forward to see him and pick up every other word or so.

Somethings we do for design. Somethings we do for function. This was a completely beat to hell and broken table I picked up for $45 at a yard sale. It had some great carvings on the base and some nice big chunky carved lion's claws. It sat in my garage for four years getting more and beat.I did my quick and usual black satin shabby finish and hit it with the sander...

"Tah-Da"

Instant Family Togetherness.

Happy Junking,

No comments:

Post a Comment