9.06.2009

Visions of Bedrooms Are Dancing in My Head

Damn you Tori Spelling and your glamorous bedroom and fabulous custom upholstered headboard.

I've been a little obsessed with redoing our master bedroom and the ambitious side of me wants to get a bold pattered wall paper and go a little crazy but the realistic side of me is thinking it might not be that easy and I might get sick of it really fast. And, I'm trying to think ahead and remember how much I HATE removing wallpaper.














Also, in the name of fashion, I would love to put a giant sparkly and drippy chandelier in the center of our room but we have a fan in there now and it actually serves a purpose when it is stifling hot outside; plus which, I don't think I could convince my husband to scrap the fan. So I need a reality check.

So, for now I am still exploring bedrooms and possibilities and my right brain is talking with my left brain about whether I should be practical or just go for it. Right now our bedroom is painted Kelly Moore, Wise Owl which is a beige color. I have mostly pine furniture and robins egg blue and chocolate brown is my color theme on the bed and windows.

Hmmmm, she says.

I'm torn between two lovers feeling like a fool. Should I do an all white on white shabby chic room or a bold damask wall paper either in black and white or robins egg blue and brown (which I have going on) which would add some color to the walls?

When you have children and a husband that works in construction, white on white might not be my best choice. Another reality check. Chocolate brown hides dirt so much better.

Are you as confused as I am now?

Sweet Dreams,

5 comments:

  1. You think too much! Does your brain ever stop? I can hardly think it through to the next hour. Come over to my house and help me with some decorating ideas. My house is suffering, and my husband would love it if I put some effort into it. I just need some inspiration, and guidance. Seriously....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you gotta do is... Install base board or your favorite molding 6 inches in from each wall, ceiling and floor. Then put up the wildest paper you can find. It's cheaper and easier to take down. You can do just your headboard wall or all four. Also what you gotta do is...have the ceiling fan replaced with the chandelier without asking permission from your husband and just get a couple of small fans for the nightstands. Tell him you wanted him to have his own personal fan. Too late...already asked and got vetoed? If you get one with a remote control he won't be able to resist. You can put them away during the day if they're too ugly (they will be). This is the way I see it: the hot months are few but ugly is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes Lisa. You have the best ideas! With your permission, I want to post the picture you sent me of your bedroom! I love that idea.

    ReplyDelete