9.04.2009

Say it Aint So. Say it Aint So.

How did this happen?
Just last season they seemed so happy together
and their new house was 95% of why I watched the show and now we're finding out
the whole thing was a sham...I won't believe it for one second.

Who couldn't be happy in such a gorgeous and magical cal king slice of heaven custom upholstered damask headboard which took center stage in her master suite?

Those serene and calming colors and beautiful draperies made my mouth water every week. God Bless Tivo where I can stop and pause a show during my favorite room and furnishings. And Tori Spelling's new mini-mansion in Encino was just my kind of house.

I used to watch television for plotlines,
now I watch for design tips.

I freaking love this glam headboard.
And I'm equally in love with this giant elegant armoire.
I would love to know how they got in the room.

It must come apart right?

And how about the detail on that giant mirror.

Love, love, love the window treatments and roman shades.
(I know, I know there are two different bedrooms here, Tori moves around a lot it's hard to keep up)

So what am I going to do about it?
I'm going to keep my eye open for a worn out and tired old upholstered headboard on my friend craigslist.com and at tag sales and I will snatch it up and have it reupholstered in a glamorous fabric.

And, instead of spending $1298 each on two of these from Anthropologie:
I will hunt them down at Pottery Barn for $399.00 each
Or I will high tail it to as many Marshalls, TJ Maxx's and Home Goods that I can to try to score two very similar small dresser/nightstands for $129.00 which I saw and am now kicking myself for not buying.
Happy Junking,


3 comments:

  1. I don't believe it. They are INN LOVE! It's just tabloid trash. He loves her. If he doesn't want to be with her, I will move in with her! I like her, I think she's sweet. Plus, she loves gay men, and so do I! I could use myself a manny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids already have a G-uncle. But, I need to trade him in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang- Did you know Jim and I (mostly JIm) made an upolstered headboard for our bed? I will have to take a photo of it and send it to you. We also made an upholstered valance. The headboard was covered with a beautiful fabric - a gorgeous throw I picked up for under $30 at Home Goods. The valance was cobered in part of a cheap bedspread that we got at Urban Outfitters. I must take pics of my family room and show them to you. I think you would be quite impressed. Blues and brown - giraffe inspired textured rug from Home Goods. Gotta run. Its 11:30 and SOph isn't home yet. Must track her down.

    ReplyDelete